Wednesday, June 2, 2010

transition to white.

I love the look of an all-white bedroom.
Remember this post? I think the white-on-white color scheme looks and feels luxurious and crisp. So I am in a transition to make my own bedroom like this. Here are a few of my favorite inspiration photos at the moment...
whitebed_0
{source here}

neutral- bedroom-gal-431x500
{source here}

Picnik collage
{source here}

And here is what I am working with...
z 256
The walls are a cream color which I actually really love. It is super warm and friendly and the lighting in the room is wonderful. I've got mostly white bedding now, aside from the Pottery Barn zebra sheets that I finally need to phase out. :) The side table & lamp are both spray painted white.
So what's on my to-do list?!
Finishing up the bedding, handing curtains, making some extra pillow shams for the back of my bed, sprucing up the nightstand and artwork for behind my bed... and of course, making everything look like it's straight out of the pages of {the beloved and deceased} Domino magazine! :) Once everything is done, I will have a fun reveal here on the blog and detail out where I got everything and how it all came about!
z 259
Oh yes, and Mouse wanted to say hello, as well.
She loves to pose for the camera. :)
She thinks she is quite sassy.
xo!

3 comments:

Tasha said...

I am really in love with white right now too. I think I am going to drive my husband nuts when he finds out all the things I am working to change to white in our house. Those pictures are gorgeous...and your room is coming along beautifully.

A Blissful Nest said...

I love all white thouhg in my house with 2 cats, dog, baby, and husband not practical. So I will live vicariously through your pictures.

Tracy @ Crème de la Gems said...

I was just telling my hubby last week that I want to paint all our black carved furniture white or cream :) I just love your room!
One of those feminine glass/crystal lamps would be beautiful in it! LOVE your pillow ;)

xo,
Tracy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...