Tuesday, June 8, 2010

sun and spray paint.

z 265
We have been spending lots of time outside.
The sun is out, the weather is so warm, and summer is here.
I can't believe how stress-free I feel now that I am not shuttling Andrew to and from school, and all that goes with that. Summer truly is a time to relax and unwind, isn't it? :)

So I gave Andrew the hose while I got to work on my vintage desk that I needed to re-purpose and spray paint. Andrew helped out by keeping me company while I sanded down the wood. :)
z 262
Did I mention how much I love this desk!? I think the shape and simplicity of it is lovely. It took to the spray paint very well, and I love the way it turned out. I am still in the process of decorating the space it is in, but I wanted to give you a sneak peek with some pictures I took a few evenings ago.
Remember the before picture?
z 239
This is the dormer window area in my bathroom. It is like a little "dressing room" with the closet to the left, and it is such a bright and happy place to be. I have had to do this on a super budget, but also wanted it to look very put together.
Here is what I've done with it so far...
IMG_8842
Desk: Vintage from a local thrift store, $40
{Add in some white paint & primer to make it look pretty!}
Stool: Ikea Marius, $5.99
{You heard me right, folks. Five bucks for a slammin' desk stool!}
White Curtains: Ikea Merete, $19.99
White Vase: From a local floral supply store, $6
Yellow Hydrageas: Michael's, $2.50 per stem
{i waited until they were on sale!}
Lamp: Hand-me-down from my momma! :)

I still need to finish framing and hanging artwork for the space, along with styling the desk area a bit more. But I like what I see so far and every time I walk into my bathroom, I am in love with it. :) Amazing what a just little time & money will do. More pictures to come!

And PS.
A special giveaway tomorrow!
Stay tuned!
xo! :)

4 comments:

Polka Dot Moon said...

Love your nook! The light in there is fabulous :)

Our house is like a cave in the desert. Dark. I guess to keep it somewhat cool. I miss my charming, teeny-tiny house in CA!!

Denise

Heather @ Life Made Lovely said...

holly, that space is so stinkin' cute i can't stand it! i love everything about it!! great job.

Preppy Mama said...

Beautiful. What a lovely space you created! I love it!

CraftGirlAlli said...

Super cute! Will you come decorate my house?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...