Wednesday, July 7, 2010

our trip in pictures.

IMG_9570
Andrew & I took a fantastic trip up to Spokane, Washington to visit my grandparents. We had the best time. It was a chance to visit with family, see some beautiful places, and experience the country up north. We even got a little bit of rain while we were there! :)
{which, coming from Southern California, I loved!}
I thought I'd share some of the photos of the time we spent there.
IMG_9580
We went over to Idaho to Silverwood theme park with my grandparents!

IMG_9585
It is seriously beautiful there. Trees, grass, and it seems like we are out in the middle of the woods.

IMG_9609
Essentially, we were! We took a three-mile train ride into the woods. We drove by buffalo, and there was a train robbery as well, which Andrew thought was fantastic! :)

IMG_9608
The train was so old-fashioned and beautiful.

IMG_9599
Andrew and I, being goofy. :)

IMG_9618
And of course, we got very wet on the log river ride.
It made us laugh so hard, and is such a fun memory. :)

IMG_9620
Then we made a trip over to visit my other grandma... Andrew calls her "Gi-Gi B"! :)

IMG_9622
Downtown Spokane has a gorgeous waterfall area with bridges crisscrossing the river, and we rode a gondola ride that took us directly over the Spokane Falls here.

IMG_9625
Andrew thought it was awesome. :) He wanted to walk over each and every bridge!

IMG_9636
Then we took a trip out to the fish hatchery, as well.

IMG_9632
It was incredible to see how these tiny little fish grow to these enormous five pound beasts. Andrew fed them a loaf of bread and they went nuts over it. At that moment, I was incredibly glad to be a vegetarian. :)

IMG_9640
Andrew loved the name of the "cutthroat trout" and thought these guys were the bullies of all the fish. Maybe they are? :)

IMG_9642
All in all, a wonderfully fun trip.
Washington is truly a gorgeous place in our country.
It was sad to say goodbye to family,
but it's also very nice to be home. :)
xo!

5 comments:

Heather @ Life Made Lovely said...

the photo of you and your mini me is so cute!! and i love the one of andrew in his fancy sunglasses. so glad to hear you had a great time.

{cindy} said...

Looks so lush and green there...not quite what we are used to seeing here in IL!
Looks like a wonderful trip
Enjoy the night

Maxabella said...

Hi there, I just found your blog very randomly via the "Next Blog" button. I really love it and I'm your newest follower. x

mel @ the larson lingo said...

love the pictures! looks like a great trip! I have been to Seattle once, it is so pretty up there!

Amie said...

It looks like you had a wonderful trip! When I was younger my parents took my brother and I on one of those train rides with the robbers...I just remember staring outside and then seeing these bandits on horses race up to the train and jump on the back! I think we were in Wyoming or Montana, but I remember being TERRIFIED. I thought it was real and I took my little mermaid purse and pushed it as far under the seat as I could. Aah, the memories. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...