Wednesday, May 12, 2010

chocolate chip blondies

z 320
I was in the mood for something sweet last night, but wanted to watch what I was eating as well. I have finally gotten back into the swing of exercising {even started running a bit!} and so I didn't want to ruin my week with a big plate of dessert.
Enter in a Weight Watchers recipe.
I changed it up a tiny bit, using Sucanat instead of brown sugar.
And I used regular butter instead of light butter.
I mean, seriously.. who keeps that kind of thing around?
Certainly not me. :)

Anyways, even with my adjustments,
it turned out delicious!
The perfect treat in the evening if you don't want to completely ruin your diet. :)

And
come to find out,
the perfect breakfast treat as well.
Does it make me a bad mom if I gave Andrew a little square of it after his breakfast this morning???? ;)

z 321

Chocolate Chip Blondies
{adapted from a Weight Watchers recipe}

Ingredients:
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
{although i used sucanat in place of the brown sugar!}
6 tbsp butter
2 large egg whites
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips
1/3 cup water

Preheat oven to 350°F. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.

In a large bowl, beat brown sugar and butter until fluffy. Add egg whites and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour mixture alternating with water. Stir in chips.

Spread into a foil-lined 9- x 13-inch baking pan. Bake until golden, about 20 to 25 minutes. Cool on wire rack.

Cut into squares and enjoy!
xo!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...