Monday, November 24, 2008

sew-crazy!!

This year, I am trying to make most of my Christmas presents, and that means a LOT of sewing! I have loved all of my recent sewing projects, and am really looking forward to making some more things for family and friends. I was browsing through Etsy and found some fabulous fabrics and patterns, and I had to share them!! Also, does anyone else have any favorite fabric sites, patterns, sewing blogs, etc... any helpful hints to this sewing girl??! :) Or any hints as to what else to make for Andrew? I am planning on making him a puppet theatre that I saw in a book, which I think he will love. I am also going to make him a quilt out of some flannel he got a while back that he just couldn't put down in the fabric store haha! I think he probably forgot all about it, so there is my cue to make something he will LOVE :) The fabric up top is one of my favorites at the moment... for some reason, yellow is calling to me this season!

And oh my gosssshhhh, this blue tree fabric is a necessity. I bought it in green, but I think I might need the blue as well. So whimsical and cute!! This may not make it into a gift for someone, I might use this all for myself haha!! :)

I am dying to make one of these Amy Butler gumdrop pillows... or a whole pile of them!! The pattern is available on Etsy, and I am considering trying it out... has anyone else made these?? Easy, hard? I am thinking even it they are hard to make, that they are well-worth it, the cuteness is just undeniable!!! :)

And I just found this other Amy Butler pattern as well... I am in love with this cute little top!!! It could be made in so many funky little fabrics, and tied up with a cute bow or belt! LOVE it... I might have to whip one or two of these up for myself haha!! Don't you love how making Christmas presents has morphed into making myself a bunch of cute things???? ;)
Any other fun sewing tips?!
Hope everyone enjoyed a relaxing weekend! xo!

9 comments:

onlymehere said...

Check out http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/14574170 bz she has my dream sewing room in such a small space. Tons of ideas for storage of sewing supplies. She even made a wonderful ironing table that I'm going to make soon when I find a table to work. I've been sewing up a storm and will show what I'm doing after Christmas since family reads my blog and they are getting some of the stuff. Cindy

onlymehere said...

Also, I've found that storage units/things sold for scrapbooking are great for sewing. Cindy

Nikole said...

Hey! Cute fabrics! Gotta love that semi-neon yellow and mustard yellow that is o very 'in' this year. Like all the stuff we saw at the mall! here is a site I look at, this lady does some really cute stuff and she posts A LOT!!!!

http://whipup.net/

and this lady makes the cutest kids stuff! I have no use for these things but they are sooo cute!

http://mmmcrafts.blogspot.com/

Huskerbabe said...

Go to sewmamasew.com and check out their blog. They have lots of ideas in different categories.

Sara said...

I want to make one of those gumdrop pillows too. Add it to my list.... such cute stuff!

threesidesofcrazy said...

Love ETSY for inspiration and love that yellow and black fabric!!

randi said...

I am making most of my gifts too. So far I have made good progress, but I am kind of getting slow about it. Lucky for me, I only have a few more items to go!

Since you are asking (I did not intend to leave this in the comment when I first got here!) I have a craft blog where I post an occasional tutorial (you can check my sidebar) and I also post links to tutorials on a regular basis (I posted some today!) and I also have an etsy fabric store (link in my sidebar).

Anyway, you have a great blog. Lots of crafty inspiration here!

Hilda said...

You should check out www.neabearsewingandcraftmess.blogspot.com. She is a sweetie and shows her sewing projects.
Take care,
Hilda

Fleur de Bee said...

My Friend Cheryl owns Confections....she has DARLING Fabric!! I have a link on my site....Rosey Posey Confections dot blogspot or typepad? In a hurry or I'l look it up. I am a sewer too! How fun are you and those fabrics...DROOL!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...