Friday, March 15, 2013

The BEST French Dip Ever! (& some shop updates!)

 
I love my crock pot.  Especially since giving birth to Declan, I have found myself short on kitchen time and the crock pot allows me to make a delicious dinner without a ton of effort.  And I have stumbled on the BEST recipe ever.  Seriously, my husband requests this as often as he can :)
 
Crock Pot French Dip Sandwiches
{recipe found here}
 


Ingredients:
3-4 lb. Beef Round Steak (or any type of beef roast- I use a London Broil and it works PERFECT)
1 packet Onion Soup Mix
1 packet Au Jus Seasoning
1 (15 oz) can of Beef Broth or Stock
½ cup water
4 slices mozzarella cheese
Sub rolls
 
Directions:
Put beef roast in slow cooker. In a medium bowl, combine Beef broth, Onion soup mix, Au Jus seasoning and water and stir until combined. Pour mixture over beef, put cover on slow cooker and cook on low for about 8 hours. An hour before serving, shred meat with two forks or take it out and you can slice thinly. Place meat back in the slow cooker for another hour. {I like to shred it!}
When ready to serve, place several slices of beef on roll, add sliced mozzarella cheese and place under the broiler of your oven for a few minutes. Watch carefully, broil for just a couple of minutes until cheese is melted and roll is just slightly toasted.
Serve sandwich with a bit of Au Jus from the slow cooker, which is all ready made for you! :)
 SO DELISH!!!! :)
 
And on to some shop news...
this past week, I added a couple of fab new items to my shop that I am so excited about!
Convo me if you need a custom listing for these!
 
So darling!  Need them in another color?  Convo me through Etsy and I'd be happy to make them in a different shade!
 
Whew!  I think that's it for my week.  My hubby is out of town for the weekend, so it's just me and the boys.  We are going to plan a fun mommy-kiddo weekend! {And I'll try to forget I am missing my husband so much already!}
 
Happy Friday!
today I am linking up with High Five For Friday- love it!  Go pop over and check it out.
xo!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...