Monday, September 6, 2010

winner, winner, veggie dinner!

OK, first for the winner.
Then the vegetarian dinner. :)
{Do you love the rhymes? I thought so!}

According to random.org,
the winner of the $10 shop credit to Mommy Holly is...
you!
Congrats!!!
{Order like usual and you can apply the $10 credit to your order in the "message to seller" area. Must be used in one order & can include shipping. If you go over the $10, I'll invoice you asap!}

Now for my favorite vegetarian dinner that I will be making for Labor Day this evening... technically, it is a vegan recipe that I adapted to make my life easier. I need some real cheese in my life, people. :)

Vegetarian Enchilada Bake

Ingredients:
12 oz. vegetarian burger crumbles (such as Yves or Smart Ground brands)
1 packet taco seasoning
2 15.5-oz. cans enchilada sauce
{I use the Trader Joe's sauce- it is to die for good}
18 corn tortillas
2 15.5-oz. cans pinto beans, drained
2 cups shredded cheese
{The mexican blend is yummy!}
1 4.5-oz. can diced green chilies
{You can opt out of these if you want to- I usually do have with them, half without for Andrew who is especially anti-spicy-foods. It is plenty spicy without these!}
2 cups Fritos corn chips, finely crushed
{Use any kind of yummy chip for the topping- Fritos, Doritos, etc. I use the Trader Joe's Nacho Cheese Chips and is is oh-so-good.}

• Preheat the oven to 375°F.
• In a small bowl, combine the burger crumbles and taco seasoning and set aside.
• Spray a 9-inch by 13-inch pan with oil.
• In layers, spread a generous amount of enchilada sauce, 6 corn tortillas, 2 cans of pinto beans, a third of the shredded cheese, half the can of green chilies, lots more enchilada sauce, 6 more tortillas, all the seasoned burger crumbles, another third of the cheese, the remaining green chilies, more enchilada sauce, then the final 6 tortillas, more enchilada sauce, and the rest of the cheese. Cover in foil and bake for 30 minutes.
• Remove the foil, top the entire casserole with the crushed chips, and bake for another 15 to 30 minutes or until bubbly and browned.

Serve it with some fresh berries to offset the spicy taste
and you've got a super yummy dinner.
And it was extra-easy.
PS.
If picky-eater Andrew will eat it, so will your kids. :)

Wishing a safe,
fun,
sunny
& Happy Labor Day
to you all!
xo!

1 comment:

Teresa said...

YIPPEE!!!! Perfect way to end a very long (but good) day! So excited. I'll be doing my shopping after the wee one goes down. Can't wait. THanks, sweetie!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...