Friday, August 8, 2008

O-M-G, twilight!!!!!!

I have been very absent from my blog in the past few days, and for that, I apologize! BUT, I have a good reason behind it.... TWILIGHT!!!! This book is seriously amazing, and anyone who has never read this or the 4-book series, go buy them today!!! I finished the first one, Twilight, in two days and am now a couple chapters into the second one, New Moon. I had seen these books at Barnes and Noble over and over in the "teen/young adult" section and debated whether or not to read them.... a story about a girl who falls in love with a vampire??? Yes, I am obsessed with books like Harry Potter and was attracted to the multiple-book series, but I didn't know if they could compare. Ummmmm, move over, Harry! I may have a new favorite!!! (OK, wait. Maybe I don't mean that, Harry. But you and Twilight are definitely equal. hehe!) Anyways, I happened to pop over to my friend Tonya's blog before I posted this, and she literally took the words out of my mouth!!! Tonya, you are right, this book is probably the most romantic book EVER. And while it does sound like a stupid premise with the vampires and all, believe me, YOU WILL LOVE IT. It is sooooooo soooooo soooooo amazing. Go read it. And make sure you surrender yourself to a few days of not being able to do ANYTHING else. :)

And on another note, my mom is hosting a super-fun "Very Vintage Halloween Swap"!!! You can sign up until August 25th and then you will be paired with a partner to swap a fun box of Halloween goodies!!! Halloween might be my favorite holiday, so I am super excited to participate in this. Go sign up, it will be so much fun!!! :)

7 comments:

Polka Dot Moon said...

I saw the author of Twilight on one of the interview programs the other night....she has a HUGE following! I've heard great reviews of the book and series as well; and the movie is due out this winter.

I'm a huge vampire series reader....don't really know what started me on them, but they are entertaining. Erin McCarthy has a series out that I just started reading and they are very easy reads.

Now, I'm off to check out the Halloween Swap! I LOVE Halloween :)
hmmmm.....maybe that started my vampire reading obsession.

Happy Friday!

{amy k.} said...

I'm so happy you read it! It's great, isn't it?! I love the series!

Heidi said...

Thank you Holly for being my "little publicist"!!!....And I WILL read this book!....LOve You, MomXO

Jeanne said...

Holly, you have sparked my interest in Twilight. I am going to the library to find them. I will check your mom's post for the Halloween thing. Sounds like fun to me.

Take care, Jeanne

Anonymous said...

HILARIOUS! I have it and need to get into it! I have heard nothing but good stuff!!

colleen said...

hmmm....I may have to check them out. I LOVE to read! thanks for the recommendation.
How is Andrews leg????
love, colleen

Mama Z said...

I LOVE it too! I was skeptical because the of vampire theme, but it's so great! It definately rivals Harry Potter.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...