Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Missing you...

One year ago, we lost my amazing Aunt Jackie to cancer. That day, I lost a family member, a loved one, and a friend. I miss her all the time, but especially when I think about my children and my family.

My aunt loved my son Andrew. She was always ready to play with him, sit and chat, or stick him in a Target shopping cart and fill it with toys. {Seriously, no one loved Target like my aunt! ♡}

Aunt Jackie would have been so proud of Andrew. He started baseball this year, which was her favorite sport. I know she is watching him play from heaven, and that makes me happy. :)

I am lucky enough to have had her meet my husband, but we lost her right before our wedding last year, which was very hard. And that means that my second son, Declan, will never get the chance to know my aunt, which makes me tear up just thinking about it. :(

She did, however, get to meet her grandson, Breckyn. She was so in love with him and he loved his "TuTu"!! :) The photo below is of my aunt and Breckyn when he was littler. I am so glad he knew her. :)

We will always miss my aunt, but we will also always love the memories we have of her.  I love you, Aunt Jackie!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...