Thursday, February 28, 2013

Books, books, books.

I love reading. I think to read in front of your children is doing them such an amazing service by installing a love of books in them as well. From the time Andrew was a little baby and ask through his early childhood, I read to him each and every night. Now he adores getting lost in a good book as well, reading way past his age level. That makes a mom so darn proud. :)
I adore the library as well. We make it a habit to go to the library at least once a week. Andrew loves being able to go pick out a few books and movies, and so do I. It is comforting to know that you can read anything there and take it right back if you aren't clicking with the story line, no harm done and no money spent on a book you'll never finish! :)
However, my reading has sure taken a dip in the past few months and I have been ignoring one of my favorite pastimes. I need a new book to read though! And that means I need a little help from you all!
 
What have you been reading lately? What book can you not put down? Here is a little hint about what I like to read...
I love teen fiction books. Twilight and Harry Potter top that list. The Hunger Games series was fantastic as well. I have read Divergent and Insurgent and loved both. What else can I move into? I'll take any recommendations from you all. :) I am open to reading something different as well, maybe something that doesn't normally fit the regular teen fiction mold. ;)
Ok, recommendations....GO!!! Ill be sharing my latest book finds with you soon as well. :)
Thanks friends, and xo.

2 comments:

mysteryhistorymom said...

Now reading A Week in Winter by Maeve Binchy- such an amazing storyteller! Also reading Matched (right down your alley!) and just finished Shattered (review on my blog). I LOVE to read books and am tickled that I get to review them!:) Lori

PixiePops said...

I loved reading the True Blood series much more than watching it on tv. There are a lot of books and she's still writing. They seemed a little bit more grown up than the twilight ones without scaring me silly. Two completely different books from those, that I loved reading and I felt stayed with me for long time after I read them were 'Me Before You' by Jojo Moyes and 'The Playdate' by Louise Millar. I'm pretty sure they're both British books but you might be able to get them in the states too. I'd love to hear about what you've been reading or intend to.

Charlotte in the UK

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...