Saturday, May 31, 2008
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
I wallpapered my bathroom a year or so ago, but I am so sick of it already. It has pink geraniums all over it and I don't know what I was thinking when I chose it. It was a rushed decision and since the wallpaper lady was already here hanging the paper in Andrew's room, along with my bedroom, I thought... "I need wallpaper for the bathroom, NOW!!" Um, don't do that, learn from my mistakes. Now I want to rip it down and do something completely different and these decals are calling my name! These are my favorites....
But now I have to decide what colors to paint my walls??? And what color for the crown moulding??? Kate Walsh (Addison from Grey's Anatomy) had her home in a magazine a while back and she had painted all of her moulding with black glossy paint! How cute is that???? I might have to steal Addison's idea... :) I will try to find a picture of her house because it is GORGEOUS.
Alright, I am off to watch Mad Money, one of the funniest and best movies ever!! Has anyone seen it??? My mom and I saw it in the theatre and we absolutely loved it! Hope everyone is enjoying a wonderful week!
And PS. New tags and a new greeting card in the shop! :)
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Monday, May 26, 2008
Sunday, May 25, 2008
I have been so busy with reading books for school the past few months that I haven't had a chance to read anything fun! I am die hard "chick-lit" fan, Becky Bloomwood from the "Shop-a-holic" series being one of my favorite literary heroines! ;) So I took a trip to Barnes and Noble yesterday with my mom and we had so much fun picking out some new books to indulge in by the pool this summer! My first book will be "Always the Bridesmaid" which is the first in a series of three different books... so exciting! Has anyone read this one?? I had actually never heard of it, so I am itching to start it and see if it is any good!
Saturday, May 24, 2008
Friday, May 23, 2008
Opening presents on his birthday...
The soccer net was a gift from us and my aunt bought Andrew the soccer ball and complete soccer "uniform"... shorts, shirt, socks, and even little shin guards! Andrew was intent on dressing the part when we played soccer in the backyard the other day. Good look, right?? :)
Andrew took a break from soccer to explore in the bushes... :)
Just thought I would finally post some of these photos! Off to sleep now.. I love snuggling in my cozy bed when I can listen to the rain, yay! Goodnight!
1. What was I doing 10 years ago?
2. 5 things on my to do list today?
1. Clean & do laundry! :(
Um, everything????? ;) OK for real, anything sweet, I am addicted to those tiny chocolate-chip cookies from Trader Joe's! YUM!
Honestly, I wouldn't do too much differently! I would probably buy a tiny little cottage near the coast for Andrew and I, and book a few trips to NYC. Other than that, I would still be finishing school and trying to actually save the money haha! Oh but wouldn't it be nice to be a millionaire???? haha!
Born in Spokane, Washington.. then I moved to Southern California when I was about 4. We have lived in quite a few places around San Diego, and when I moved out at 18, I lived near San Diego State University to go to college. I lived there for three years and then we all moved to upstate New York where we were for two years... rural country on 31 acres, what an experience and I so miss it! But then we moved back to San Diego two years ago and I have been living in Valley Center ever since! :)
My sister at Mallory D. and Her Big Bodacious Blooms! (Hopefully prompting her to blog a bit more!!! hehe!)
Thanks to my mom for tagging me- so much fun! It is actually cloudy and rainy in San Diego today, so I am off to enjoy the weather while I can... before the hot summer sets in again haha! Have a fantastic weekend, everyone!
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
- Spend lots of time with little Andrew... he hates when I go to school so he is quite happy that I am almost done for the summer. :)
- Exercise and get my slammin' bod! I think it is about time!
- Eat as healthy as possible... yes, I like sweets so I won't ever be perfect, but I can try my hardest to keep crap to a minimum.
- Blog each day!! I love posting what I am up to and love reading everyone else's blogs as well, so much fun!
- Spend lots of time outside! Summer is a time to relax by the pool, take evening walks with Andrew, and go to the beach!
- Make curtains for bedroom and bathroom! I've had the velvet for my bedroom panels for almost two years... think it's time to do something about that??? :)
- Enjoy the perks of living in San Diego.. lots of beautiful beaches, museums, downtown, new restaurants, etc!
- Make all sorts of adorable things for my Etsy store- and actually sell some things!! ;)
- Save money! (Don't spend money on useless crap, I have too much of that!)
- Streamline closet- donate clothes that I haven't worn in ages. Some things may be cute, but do I ever wear most of what is hanging in my closet??
- Read books! Some new ones have been sitting on my bookshelf for ages, I think it is time to read some of them.. and maybe I'll re-read the last Harry Potter again? :)
- Organize desk area, once and for all! It is a mess with no organization..... big problem haha. I want it to look like the one above from Martha Stewart!
- Revamp Andrew's bedroom. It needs to be spruced up for summer! He will love that haha!
- Update scrapbooks... I am way behind on all of mine, especially the scrapbook I started for Andrew. I think I stopped it when he was about two months old... and we just celebrated his fourth birthday. :)
- Get a new car... minivan???? :) I am still carless right now!
- Finish the many quilts I have hanging in the sewing room closet. I have to sew binding on about four of them and then they are all done, what am I waiting for?!
- Sew some cute clothes! I have so much fabric that I specifically bought for summer dresses, so I better get to it..!
- Make pillows for my zebra couch.. it is so cute, but looks a bit lonely with no comfy pillows adorning it!
- Keep up on cleaning... no messes this summer haha! :)
Alright, that is all I can think of at the moment.. now it is off to finish up these last two tests and then this list can become a reality! :)
Monday, May 19, 2008
Cute ring made out of vintage buttons, so neat!! By hitree.
Look at this flower garland! Amazingly cute! By Middleberg.. and the rest of her items are so great, too!
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Just a few pretty photos to help brighten this Tuesday! I know I needed that, the flu has sucked all the life out of me, yuck!!!! :( Hopefully I will get back to my normal blogging and picture taking very soon.. spanish final today and then just one more class to finish up before summer! Wish me luck!! xo!
Sunday, May 11, 2008
I know it is a bit late in the day, but a very warm and wonderful Happy Mother's Day to all of you wonderful mommas out there!!! Above is a completely goofy little picture of Andrew and I last year, but it is so happy and springy, so I thought it would be perfect for today. What did you all do for Mother's Day?! I spent the day getting over a terrible flu and seeing "Baby Mama"! Andrew spent the day with his daddy, so I got some much needed relaxation today. Still feeling a bit iffy, but lots of sleep tonite should recify the matter and hopefully tomorrow I will be back to normal.
Andrew and his dad came back tonite witha beautiful "Martha Stewart" bouquet of flowers in a cute little mint julep cup! So beautiful, and the "Martha" prettiness can't hurt! :) We all know how I love Martha haha!!!! I am so seriously tired tonite that I am not dragging myself up to snap a picture of it, but I snagged one online...
Hope you all spent today relaxing and enjoying your own Mother's Day! xo!!